The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

General

Any type of bread that doesn't fall into the other buckets: herb breads, sandwich breads, fruit and nut breads, anything else you enjoy.

PiPs's picture

Mike Zakowski [the bejkr] Video ... enjoy

February 8, 2012 - 5:06pm -- PiPs
Forums: 

Found this little gem today ...

An inside look into Sonoma Valley baker Mike [the bejkr] Zakowski's process. Zakowski, of Sonoma's Artisan Bakery, is one of three members of team USA which has secured its place at the famed Coupe du Monde de la Boulangerie (World Cup of Baking), which will take place in Paris in 2012. Zakowski also bakes bread out of his home shop which he sells direct-to-consumers at Sonoma Valley farmers markets.

Nersh's picture

Pumpernickel Recipe

February 5, 2012 - 8:09am -- Nersh
Forums: 

Greetings all,

Lately, I've been thinking about trying a pumpernickel recipe. I have only been baking for about a month now so I was wondering the difficulty level of pumpernickel. If it's not too diffictul, does anyone have, or knows of, a good recipe? Thanks!

Cheers,

Nersh

taurus430's picture

Pecan Sticky Buns

February 5, 2012 - 8:00am -- taurus430
Forums: 

I made Pecan Sticky Buns for the first time yesterday and wanted to share some pics with you. I was very happy with the way they turned out. I used Artisan Bread in 5 recipe for sticky buns,  which I got from their book and is also on the Internet. I tweaked the recipe a little to cut down on eggs and sugar. In their book, they use the Challah dough recipe.

JimmyK's picture

Grandma's white bread

February 3, 2012 - 11:18pm -- JimmyK
Forums: 

We pulled out Grandma's recipe of 60+ years ago and used instant yeast vs the live she used.  Ingredients all the same, flour, water, salt, yeast, but no sugar.  Baked at 350 for 1 hour, makes 2 regular size loaves.  But, the bread is coming out cakey, got any ideas why????  It was never cakey when she made it.  Thanks

nicodvb's picture

Really SILENT stand mixer?

February 3, 2012 - 7:52am -- nicodvb
Forums: 

Hi,

I'm searching a really SILENT stand mixer to knead doughs, and when I write SILENT I mean S-I-L-E-N-T :-) , or at least no more louder than a bread machine. My mother has a Clatronic 2718 that is as loud as a sledgehammer; I have a Clatronic 3400 that is quieter, but far from being silent. A friend let me listen a working Kenwood at the telephone and I almost fell off my chair!

I desperately need silence when I'm at home, excessive rumours destroy my nerves.

Is there anything good for me on the market? Thanks.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - General