Sesame Wholewheat Sourdough Bagel (By Txfarmer frome TFL)
Since I cant find any >14% high gluten flour in the market, I substituted it with 520g bread flour plus 50G of VWG
Levain Build 1
- 235G Starter
- 40G >14% high gluten flour
Let it ferment at room temp for 4 hours
- All of build 1
- 80G >14% high gluten flour
- 45G Water
Cover n ferment overnight
- 450G >14% high gluten flour
- 120G WW flour
- All levain
- 12G Salt
- 14G Malt Powder
- 14G Milk Powder
- 14G Sugar
- 2G Yeast
1) Mix the final dough, autolyse for 60mins
2) this is a fairly dry dough, make sure you resist the temptation of adding more water. Knead until the dough is extensible with some strength but not fully developed)
3) Divide it into 12 equal pieces and pre-shape it into a round roll
4) let rest for 15minutes
5) Do the final shaping, I poke a hole thu the middle and spin it between my hands.
6) put it on a greased parchment paper for 1 - 2 hours second proof. This can be tested by a floating test.
7) Once its ready, bring 1.9L water with 2 tsp of Baking soda and 2TBP of malt to boil.
8) Cooked the bagel for a minute on each side.
9) lightly pat dry the surface (not completely thou) and rolled it with sesame seeds mixture.
10) lay it on baking sheet, bake at 200C till golden brown (around 20minutes)
This post has been submitted to YeastSpotting http://www.wildyeastblog.com/