The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

Baking Equipment

Any questions or recommendations dealing with stand mixers, baking stones, or any other baking equipment.

NYJodway's picture

Kitchen Aid Classic Plus for making Bread?

October 5, 2011 - 6:04pm -- NYJodway

I have been using my little Kitchen Aid 4.5 qt classic plus to make our daily use white yeast bread.  It seems to drag a bit during the kneading which makes me think that it will burn up 1) if I keep using it this way 2)if I use it even more than I do now for breads and 3) if I dare use it for a slightly heavier dough.

flyingbaker's picture

Low hydration dough on the Electrolux Assistan Original

October 5, 2011 - 7:47am -- flyingbaker

We just got the Electrolux Assistant Original and I've already started using it for some standard breads and it works great. However I'm having a little trouble with low hydration dough's for bagels.

I'm not using large mases of flour (around 900g only) so using the dough hook doesn't seem to be appropriate. However when trying to add more flour when the dough starts to pull away from the side seems to just cause it to mass up and cause it to not mix/knead properly. Is there a trick to adding more flour to an already dry dough?

Bear in the Kitchen's picture

Pizza Ovens

October 4, 2011 - 3:38pm -- Bear in the Kitchen

Does anyone have experience baking hearth bread in a pizza oven? They are not as expensive as used bread ovens, have a good temp range and a large deck . They also can be converted to lpg. Any thoughts would be welcomed.I am looking to expand a home baking business, my mixer and oven need to change so I can make more bread. Thanks

clazar123's picture

The folding dough proofer is out

October 2, 2011 - 10:47am -- clazar123

A while ago, there was a poster who was developing a dough proofer for market and wanted input from all of us. S/he had a survey and the link is here:

http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/21986/home-bread-proofer-business-project

Well, the product is out and while it looks nifty, it does have an interesting price tag.So take a look and see what it's all about:

http://brodandtaylor.com/about-us/

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Baking Equipment