The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

Baking Equipment

Any questions or recommendations dealing with stand mixers, baking stones, or any other baking equipment.

BrodandTaylor's picture

Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer - Total Refund Guarantee

November 5, 2011 - 8:42am -- BrodandTaylor

Brod & Taylor just introduced a Total Refund Guarantee for the home Folding Proofer. Purchase a proofer on-line and use it for up to 30 days. If you are not completely satisfied with the proofer and the results in your own kitchen, return it using a pre-paid return label. Brod & Taylor will refund your original purchase price and full shipping costs.

CJtheDeuce's picture

60 quart hobart

November 2, 2011 - 3:29pm -- CJtheDeuce

A Chef friend has a 40 year old 60 quart hobart that is in need of an oil change. He says the oil looks alot like red transmision fluid. Calls to hobart were met with contempt & you have to have a hobart service tech do this. I'm guessing that the lube can be found localy & the oil can be changed by someone with a little knowlege of tools. I know airplane lubricants but i need a little help with the mixer lube. Any help would be welcome.

Charlie  

svar's picture

dutch oven

November 2, 2011 - 12:27am -- svar

I am writing from India, having recently read about using Dutch ovens to make certain kinds of bread.  I wanted to order one (from amazon, as it can be shipped conveniently) and am unsure about which one to order.  The two options for me are:

1) A 5 quart Dutch oven (Lodge Logic Dutch oven with loop handles)

2) A combination of a 3 quart deep skillet and a 10.25" shallow skillet/lid (Lodge LCC3 Logic Pre-Seasoned Combo Cooker)

CJtheDeuce's picture

Oven/proofer

November 1, 2011 - 8:37am -- CJtheDeuce

I have a super systems combination oven proofer that i just got up & running. My question is that when I have the proofer set at 80 & my infrared thermometer is confirming the temp. then start the 3 deck oven to preheating it radiates heat to the proofer & i start getting higher & higher temp at the top, 140 & climbing. Anyway to compensate for this ?

Charlie

flournwater's picture

Hadn't See It Before ... Looks Like It'd Be Awesome

October 31, 2011 - 2:49pm -- flournwater

Perhaps this has been around for a long time, but I hadn't seen this before and when I looked at it I saw the perfect vessel for artisan breads.  Deep covered cast iron pan or shallow cast iron pan with domed lid.

http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-LCC3-Logic-Pre-Seasoned-Cooker/dp/B0009JKG9M/ref=pd_rhf_ee_shvl28

steelchef's picture

Using mini loaf pans

October 27, 2011 - 12:13pm -- steelchef

There was a thread on this subject, started and finished in 2008. I hope that perhaps by now, some of you may have more experience and more definitive answers to questions about adjusting times and temps for using mini loaf pans. I'm particularly interested in baking Brioche using steel pans with eight compartment (2-1/4" X 3-1/2") cavities which hold about 7 fl. oz. of liquid.
I've tried other dough types without much success. I would really appreciate any and all info/advice.

satimis's picture

How to test the kneader without ingredients

October 26, 2011 - 2:13am -- satimis

Hi all,

Kenwood BM450

Just have the above breadmaker, brand new, delivered.  After reading the manual I can't find the steps testing the kneader.  I expect to make sure the kneader can work without problem first before putting the ingredients testing baking.  Please help.  TIA

B.R.

satimis

Cinnamon Turtle's picture

Can anyone recommend a good, inexpensive scale?

October 19, 2011 - 11:39am -- Cinnamon Turtle

I have a low-end DigiWeigh postal scale that is meant to weigh in both English and metric, but I've found that it's not terribly sensitive, and I've only been able to get it to register grams in increments on five. Sometimes, it doesn't seem to register at all until there's at least ten grams on it. Of course, there could actually be God know how much from none to 14 grams, probably. Obviously, this isn't working out well. 

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Baking Equipment