This is my other version of ciabatta. A very holy version.
I find it very speical and different in texture.
Poolish KA organic bread flour 33%
SAF GOLD instant yeast (I am out of the red one) 0.1%
KA organic bread flour 67%
Himalaya pink salt 2%
ice water 40%
olive oli 5.8%
SAF GOLD instant yeast 0.2%
1. poolish mix until no dry flour, about 30 second, Room Temp until full of bubbles but not collapse back yet, about 6 hours
2. Refrigerated > 12 hours
3. Mix in 80% of water and flour, yeast using mixer. Add olive oil, salt and left 20% water when a ball forms. Keep kneading until the dough show very very thin membrane when doing the windowpane test, like below. The temperature of the dough should not exceed 22C at the end of mixing. So ice water was used. The dough should not show wetness on surface now.
4. Room Temp rise until 2.5-3 times in volume﹐ Transfer to refrigerator for > 12 hours. The 2 containers I used are like this below, I would avoid using large area, shallow containers.
5. Take dough out of refrigerator, The dough is about to the top of the container. Leave it at room temperature for 5 hours
6. Now the dough is over the edge of the container and the lids are being pushed open. Pour the dough very careful not to degas it onto a well floured surface. Try to shape the dough from under it into a rectangular shape. Each container dough I divid to 6 parts (about 10cm x 10cm each). flour them well and transfer to couche.
7. Room temp 5 hours again. (My room temp is about 20C)
8. Preheat oven to 260C for over an hour to make sure the stone temp is up enough.
9. Flip the dough right before bake, I made steam using lava stones in cast iron griddle. Drop temp to 230C, turn convection bake off. Take stones/griddle out after 10 minutes, turn convection back on, and continue bake for 12 minutes.
I tried to think of as much details as possible here. question welcomed! ^^