The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

General

sshipper's picture

Great Recipe...but Cookies Fall Apart

April 12, 2011 - 7:26pm -- sshipper
Forums: 

hi Everyone,

I have made an extraordinary lemon cookie and despite chilling, for many hours the cookies still come out very thin and fragile,  I have also rolled them in sugar.  My customers love them,  but I really can't sell them cookies that are a bunch of crumbs.  the primary ingredients are white flour, egg, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, baking soda, etc.

Does anyone have some ideas about what is wrong or a few ideas of what to do with the recipe?  I have tried another  recipe using vegetable oil....the texture was wonderful and the cookie was awful.

teketeke's picture

Whole wheat bread with raisin yeast water

April 12, 2011 - 6:58pm -- teketeke
Forums: 

I have tried whole wheat bread with raisin yeast water for a while. When I made a levain with 100% whole wheat flour / 100% raisin yeast water, the loaf came out quite sour.   My family disliked the loaf sadly..    Then I used dry yeast for poolish and final dough method with raisin yeast water, it came out quite good.

But, I felt something was missing in the crumb.

sshipper's picture

Best Bakery Software for Cost Analysis of Recipes- Want to Buy Used

April 10, 2011 - 6:08pm -- sshipper
Forums: 

HI friends,

I need some great advice on what is the least expensive most effective software for costing recipes and keeping track of expenses etc.  I am very nontechnical and so will need the non geek special.

*Also,  whatever is suggested.  Is there anyone out there who would like to sell a used version of the softward.  I am on a shoe string and want to be careful about costs.

Best,

Stephanie

AnnaInNC's picture

EASTER MEAL - what is your favorite recipe ?

April 6, 2011 - 4:37am -- AnnaInNC
Forums: 

We are sharing our Easter meal with friends this year at our house and I am looking for something different. I just came across this recipe for crostini

http://www.kitchendaily.com/recipe/crostini-with-herbed-goat-cheese-honey-and-walnuts-143186/

doesn't that sound good ?  What are you cooking/baking ?

Anna

sshipper's picture

Baker Ben- Recipe Request

April 4, 2011 - 7:31am -- sshipper
Forums: 

Hi Baker Ben,

I recieved your request for the recipe.  If you are interested I have googled Chocolate Gingerbread and found some interesting things in Martha Stewart and Food.com.;  Take a look and see if these give you a starting point.  I always personalize from several good things . 

Good luck to you.

Steff

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - General