The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

Baking Equipment

Any questions or recommendations dealing with stand mixers, baking stones, or any other baking equipment.

inlovewbread's picture

Bosch Universal Machine- ss bowl?

February 14, 2010 - 7:45pm -- inlovewbread

Hi all, I am thinking of purchasing the Bosch Universal Kitchen Machine. It comes with a plastic bowl. I have been deciding between this machine and the Electrolux DLX and think I've decided upon the Bosch (any personal testimonies toward either product welcome), but wonder if the plastic bowl performs well enough or if I should also order the stainless steel bowl. Is there any real advantage to having stainless steel? If I order the Bosch with the ss bowl, it will cost the same as the DLX...

Thanks in advance for any help :-)

hilo_kawika's picture

Rehrucken recipes?

February 14, 2010 - 7:33am -- hilo_kawika

Yesterday I was trolling through the gear section at the local Goodwill store and picked up a half dozen "rehrucken" in 10", 12" and 16" sizes for about $1 each.  They're made in Czechoslovakia and appear to be of acceptable quality.  There's a picture here :  www.fantes.com/loaf-pans.html    They're  # 4311.

I wonder what type of cake or whatever to make in them?  Please help me out here Mini...(^_^)

aloha,

Dave Hurd, Hilo, Hawaii

Faith in Virginia's picture

Pulman Loaf Pans

February 12, 2010 - 1:20pm -- Faith in Virginia

I have been reading and some of you are baking your bread under pots and such.  I ran across these loaf pans at Fante's and wondered if the Pulman loaf pans do the same thing and keep the moisture in for the first part of the bake.  Does anyone have experience with these and what do you think of them? http://fantes.com/loaf-pans.html

koloatree's picture

Would like to locate a place that sells brioche pans to bake multiple at a time?

February 8, 2010 - 7:39am -- koloatree

I remember watching a videoclip on youtube but can no longer find the video. The video was taken in a bakery where a baker was baking 12-16 brioches at a time. Each briche pan was connected together.

Thanks!

uberathlete's picture

Advice on Choosing Professional Equipment

February 6, 2010 - 10:45pm -- uberathlete

Hi all. I will be purchasing professional bakery equipment in the near future. As such I need advice on what to look for when choosing equipment. I will likely purchase mixers, an oven, and a dough divider. What is the thought process when deciding on purchasing these? An example would be really helpful, if possible. I apologize if I'm being quite vague but any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Baking Equipment