Astrid from Paulchen's Foodblog selected oat as theme for this month's Bread Baking Day.
I got inspired from zorra for this recipe & the method from iban.
For more information about sourdough starter you can read Susan post about Sourdough Starter from Scratch .
60 g (1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon) oat flour.
374 g (2 1/2 cups) whole wheat flour.
670 g (4 1/2 cups) high gluten white flour.
1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
2 teaspoons sugar.
2 teaspoons yeast.
46 g (1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon) milk powder.
2 Tablespoons oil.
90 g (1/3 cup) sourdough starter.
3 cups water.
1) Place all ingredients in the bowl of mixer; beat 10 minutes to make soft dough.
2) Cover dough and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hour, stretch & fold every 30 minutes.
3) Divide dough into 2 pieces
4) Shape each piece into round loaf, cover; let it rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 40-60 minutes.
5) Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 500 F.
6) Before baking dust flour over the top of the loaf, slash the bread.
7) Reduce the heat to 400F, bake for 15 minutes with steam, & another 15 minutes without steam.