Stretch and fold . . .in a bowl?
I've heard of the stretch and fold method, but never of doing it "in the bowl." Does this mean just kneading using the mixer? I discovered this as part of the process in the recipe for baguettes listed below. I want to give it a whirl, but am unsure what this particular instruction means.
This is the portion of the recipe that mentions the folding-in-a-bowl method:
1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until the flour is hydrated.
2. Let rest, covered, for 20 minutes.
3. Stretch and fold in the bowl for 30 strokes. Repeat 2 more times at 20 minute intervals.
4. Transfer dough to an 8 cup glass measuring cup, cover tightly.
5. Stretch and fold once at 45 minute