Hamelman's Swiss Farmhouse Community Bake Attempt
|Day 1||2:30 PM||Yeast Build 1 (100g YW and 160g BF) - mix|
|5:30 AM||Yeast Build 2 (add 188g water and then 200g BF, 96g WW)|
|Day 2||12:30 PM||Add 493g BF and 376g water and 19g salt|
|Mix nuts and raisins using lamination|
|stretch and fold approx 3x|
|3:00 PM||Divide, preshape, shape|
|ferment room temp 2hr|
|5:00 PM||Bake at 450 for 15 min and then lower to 430|
Build #1 was extremely slow and I started to think that my mango yeast water didn't work. I ended up letting it go 15 hours (eeek!). My Build #2 seemed to go extremely fast so I called it after 7 hours as it looked domed, puffy, and had risen abut 3x. Approximately 80 degrees inside. I did 2.5 hours for the bulk ferment and 2 hours for the final as it wasn't passing the finger dent test. The dough felt great to work with. This is pretty much my typical crumb. Would have liked it to be more open, but it tastes good. Not sure what happened to all of the fruit!
The loaves had a nice expansion in the oven, but then crust definitely looks different than all of my other loaves. Very fun to try using YW. Thanks to Danny for leading the community bake!