Hi I have posted on this site before regarding a panettone and its "open" crumb.
The picture above is my latest bake. I am really not satisfied with the crumb. I really want it to be a lot more open.
Questions for all the bread experts out there.
1) If you develop gluten to full extend does water guarantee extensibility for panettone?
2 ) Do people autolyse panettone dough?
3) Should one use a strong flour to get the random and open crumb for a such rich dough like this.For a regular artisan sourdough at around %75-80 hydration I do not use a strong bread flour to get random and large crumbs.
4) Is using an AP flour a waste of time?
5) Do you develop the first dough to full maturity and or develop it to full maturity during the second dough?
6) Do you steam the oven and would it have a lot of affect on a rich dough. I know how it affect say a baguette and country?
I am going to try all of these suggestions anyway to see for myself but I would like some input from the experts.
Thank you so much?