For detail steps and pictures, please see http://maobaocun.blogspot.com/
For 6 inch baking pan
3 large egg yolks+1 whole egg
warm milk 50g
egg white 3x
cake/pastry flour 60g
preheat oven to 170C, line the pan with parchment paper at bottom
- heat butter in water bath to 80C﹐ add flour quickly and mix quickly with egg whisk
- add warm milk in 4-5 times, whisk and make sure it's mixed well each time before add more.
- mix yolks and whole egg, add into batter
- cover and save for later
- beat egg white and sugar until stiff peak, see this video for detail timing to add sugar:
- add 1/3 egg white into yolk batter, mix with egg whisk until no egg white lumps.
- add the rest of egg white and mix with egg whisk until no lumps.
- use scraper to clean the side of the bowl and mix well.
- pour batter into pan from 10 inch height, this will break big bubbles,
- put the cake pan into a water tray which is bigger than the cake pan, pour the hottest water from the faucet to depth of about 1 inch (about 70-80C)
- use broil (only top heat) setting and sure the surface is colored gold brown, then use bake (bottom heat) 150C for 50min.