Inside the Jewish bakery - Bagels, Day One...
The day-one workflow is following the written formula pretty well.
1. After ten minutes in the Bosch bowl at speed 1 the dough was coming together but still kind of rough and not elastic at all.
2. To not overheat the dough I let it rest for ten minutes.
3. Then mix five more minutes of speed # 2. Now the dough had some elasticity. I am thinking I could have developed it even more. However, My thinking is there is plenty of time in the cold ferment to develop the dough fully.
4. A few hand-kneads on the bench and the dough ball she looks nice!
5. the dough is weighed and separated into "equal" length and diameter ropes
6. Rest for 20 minutes and shape.
7. Put to bed in the cooler.