100% whole spelt kefir bread
For the Pre-Ferment:
35g whole spelt
Leave to mature for 12-24 hours (mine took 15 hours)
For the Dough:
60g of the Pre-Ferment
530g whole spelt flour
- Autolyse the flour and water for 30 minutes.
- Add the honey and Pre-Ferment then squeeze and fold the dough. When almost incorporated sprinkle the salt over the dough and carry on till all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Bulk ferment for 5 hours giving the dough a gentle stretch and fold every hour.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Shape the dough and final proof at room temperature until ready - mine took 1.5 hours.
- Bake using your usual method.
This is my version of this recipe http://breadtopia.com/spelt-bread-recipe/ done with a kefir starter and incorporating some fridge time.
One of the best, if not 'the' best, spelt breads I've done.