Got a grain mill, what now?
I just bought a grain mill (Komo Fidibus 21) and will mill my own flour from now on.
When working with freshly milled wheat flour:
- What changes should I expect and what should I adjust compared to store bought whole wheat flour?
- I heard higher hydration (like 90%) is a thing?
- Should I autolyse? Yes, no, how long?
- How does it affect fermentation?
- Baking time? Lower temp and longer (read somewhere that's a thing when using 100% whole wheat)?
Same questions, different grain: what should I expect when working with freshly milled oat flour or oat flour in general? (not a gluten thing, just a request from my partner)