Help! Giant air bubble
Hi all, can you offer some advice?
I made two loaves with double this recipe: I used organic unbleached flour instead of the bread flour.
- 8 grams Salt Sea salt or Kosher
- 80 grams Starter, 100% hydration
- 55 grams Whole wheat flour, or spelt flour
- 175 grams Water, filtered tap water or distilled water
- 190 grams Bread flour, organic
This is my first time baking sourdough. I let the bread autolyse, added rye starter that appeared active, did multiple stretch and folds (before dividing and shaping the dough) then ended up with two loaves with a giant air bubble at the bottom and compressed, underbaked bread on top. Where did I go wrong and how to fix it?