Overproofed, underproofed, or bad shaping?
I was confident that this batch of loaves were going to turn out alright. The poke test worked, the dough was jiggly, and felt good all around but after baking in a dutch oven (485 degrees/20 minutes with cover, 450 degrees/20 minutes without cover) they've turn out flat and not sure what's going on. Any ideas what could be happening?
Here's what I did:
- Refreshed starter at 11pm
- 10 hours later, autolysed dough
- 12 hours after, starter more than doubled and mixed in with dough and salt. Pinched in for 5 minutes.
- Started bulk around 2:45pm
- Folded 4 times and let dough sit until bulk ended at 6:45pm
- Pre-shaped and left on counter for 30 minutes
- Shaped and let sit on counter covered for about an hour and then put in fridge
- After 16 hours, baked loaves straight from fridge:
480 degrees - 20 minutes covered
450 degrees - 20 minutes uncovered