45% whole grain walnut bread
Definitely not my most attractive bread! This bread was 85% hydration, with 35% T85, 10% rye (never done this before), and 55% bread flour. I added 150g of toasted chopped walnuts which was a lot for my 750g of dough to handle. I did a 12% starter inoculation, but also added 50g of yeast water to the dough. I'm not sure if adding the yeast water really made a difference or not.
I see that the loaf split a bit on the side which I haven't had happen before. I don't know if this is because of a proofing issue or because the dough wasn't shaped/sealed tightly enough. This was my first time making a batard shaped loaf.
|Day 1||9:00 AM||Mix levain and let sit for 6-8 hours|
|4:40 PM||4 min mix of levain and autolyse|
|rest 15 minutes|
|4:55 PM||Mix in salt and then 4 min mix|
|5:25 PM||Coil fold on misted counter|
|Lamination on misted counter|
|Do first set of 3 coil folds in Pyrex|
|9:05 PM||Pre-Shape loosely|
|9:15 PM||shape & leave on counter for 15 min|
|9:30 PM||Into fridge|
|Day 2||8:30 AM||Sit on counter for 50 min while preheating|