Honey Currant Sourdough with Toasted Bulgur and Seeds.
I was looking for ideas on what to make this weekend and came across TomK's loaf by the same name. My recipe is not exactly the same but it is very similar. Thanks Tom for your post!
1. Toast in a frying pan, 50 g bulgur, 50 g Hemp hearts, and 25 g Sesame seeds.
2. Soak all above with 100 g dried Currants, 30 g honey and 200 g of hot water. I let soak overnight.
3. Autolyse all above with 550 g unbleached flour, 50 g freshly ground flax, 150 g freshly ground red fife, 150 g freshly ground Selkirk wheat, 102 g multigrain flour, and 660 g water. Let sit for a couple of hours.
4. Mix in 20 g salt, 50 g organic yogurt and 266 g of 80% levain. Add 5 g of water if needed. I used pinching and folding to integrate everything really well.
5. Do 3 sets of folds roughly 30 minutes apart and let rise till double. This took a little over 5 hours.
6. Divide into 3 portions. Do a preshape, let rest 10-15 minutes and then shape tightly into boules. Place in bannetons and cover.
7. Proof for 10-12 hours in a cold fridge.
8. Preheat oven with Dutch ovens to 475 F for at least 45 minutes. Place boules in Dutch ovens lined with parchment paper rounds and bake covered at 450 F for 25 minutes. Remove lids, drop temperature to 425 F, and bake for a further 20-22 minutes.
9. Cool a couple of hours before slicing and enjoying with some butter. :-)