Hi ZB!! We both do the same Gleezer starter - and I've just done a (succesful) experiment! I hadn't used my 2 starters for some time (been away) and thought I'd better refresh them before using them. So -- I took 20 grams starter from each, added 30 g water and 50 g flour. But the amount to dump came to EXACTLY 100g!! SO ---- I added 100g water and 100g white organic bread flour and mixed it up, covered it and left it for 24 hours. It looked really active so I thought - the most I can lose is flour - so I aded 405g water and 675 of flour (50% organic wholemeal which I mill myself, the rest made up of organic Kamut, spelt and rye) and made a dough - folded three times on the hour, then put into a floured linen lined basket to prove before baking. It WORKED !!! Here is a link to some pics (beside home made sweetmince and sweet pickled tangerines - for Christmas.. AND - the bread tastes superb!!!
Hope it comes through - I can't seem to post on the site here..