Intend to Build a barrel oven , maybe AS style. Plans?
I've renamed this this thread because I think the previous wasn't topic specific. I've had very helpful comment made. I'm still looking for plans. I hve some questions about how to get around ceramic insulation as much as possible since here in Japan it is costly.
Have Mercy on My Soul! I've reached information overload. I need some help sizing my oven and choosing the design to use.
- Imagine maybe 50 baguette in a day. (I don't want to spend all day doing this, so how many at once?? )
- hand-made brick oven. I'm a reasonable carpenter and design guy.
- I want to be able to roast foods in it, so a decent large door size.
- Not too resource consuming so some balance between size and insulation.. I have space since the whole thing will be joined to a kitchen which I haven't built yet.
- If it can do some pizza that's ok too, but bread is the focus.
Right now I'm favoring a barrel vault which seems viable, good quality and understandable construction principles. this is not final ...
I've also considered doing a dome with refractory. I'm unlikely to try to tackle dome from cut masonry.
I looked at so many things my eyes are rolling in circles. some help in narrowing my decision would be welcome. Since I am building it, ease of construction is of interest.. I'm a carp, not a master mason.. Thanks!