This is absolutely delicious
I got my inspiration from this recipe http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/50996/walnut-and-raisin-levain and gave it an Abe twist.
Levain Build : 24 hours before
62g bread flour
4g whole-wheat flour
73g warm water
21g starter @ 50% hydration
(Comes out to 160g @ 100% hydration)
Method: Build the Levain 24 hours before making the dough. Refrigerate for 6 hours then room temperature for 18 hours.
320g bread flour
80g whole-wheat flour
10g sea salt
262g water + 18g orange blossom water
40g pecans, toasted
Day before... (I've seen Trevor J Wilson do this type of autolyse. He does it with the salt from the beginning, refrigerates then takes the dough out before bed when it can warm up to room temp through the night. I decided to get an autolyse in minus the salt first and then proceed like Trevor does. The purpose was for saving time in the morning and this step can be done anytime the day before if needed. If done this way the salt is to stop any other unwanted fermentation)
1. Mix the water and orange blossom water then add the flours. Form a shaggy mass and autolyse for 1 hour.
2. Add the salt and mix then refrigerate. Take the dough out of the fridge before bed to prepare the final dough in the morning.
3. Add the Levain to the dough and combine by squeezing and folding. Rest for 30 minutes.
4. Fold the add-ins into the dough. Then rest for 50 minutes.
5. Do a stretch and fold then rest for a further 50 minutes.
6. After 50 minutes do another stretch and fold then rest for another 50 minutes
7. Pre-shape and rest for 30 minutes
8. Shape and final proof for 50 minutes.
9. Bake in a preheated oven with your preferred method.
Was going to taste just one slice and have devoured half a loaf!