I was surfing this site and saw the idea of 1-2-3 sourdough and thought "Why not?" since I had some levain left over from my other bake. I built up what I had left in two builds to 288 g of 100% unbleached flour starter.
I autolysed 540 g of water with 64 g dark rye, 128 g whole grain spelt, 50 g buckwheat, 200 g whole grain whole wheat and 422 g of Rogers unbleached no additives all purpose flour. This sat for an hour or so. I then added the 288 g of starter and 20 g of salt. The dough was pretty stiff so I added the 36 g of reserved water plus additional water until the dough felt like I thought it should. That came out to be a total of 60 g additional water. I guess the whole grain absorbed more water than the formula allows for.
I took a page out of DAB's method and did 3 sets of 30 slaps and folds 20 minutes apart, then 3 sets of 4 folds 20 minutes apart. The dough rested until it was about 30% risen.
I pre-shaped using the letter fold method and let it sit for about 45 minutes. Then I shaped it and put it in my proofing baskets. It proofed for about an hour and a half. I may have under proofed it a bit but the poke test told me it was ready when it looked like it was about there. These loaves were smaller than usual so it was a bit hard to judge if they were ready.
I baked it not quite as per my usual method because I was busy doing something else and lost track of time. It was baked at 500 degrees for 25 minutes, 5 minutes at 450 degrees and then I took the lid off for another 17 minutes until nice and dark.
I don't have a crumb shot but apparently it was quite good according to my daughter who took a loaf to work. They devoured it. I still have one loaf left but I may be giving it away so I might not have a crumb shot at all.
Overall, I am happy this turned out so this is one more trick up my sleeve if I want a loaf in one day and have left over levain.