New to sourdough - a bread recipe I am pleased with
My second attempt at making a loaf with my newly acquired sourdough starter Marilyn. I tried a new recipe with better results this time and I think a big factor was light handling of the dough.
It is recipe I found on the net which is an adaptation of Jeff Hamelman’s Vermont Sourdough recipe (I'm inspired to get his book). It is Rye/White flour based and makes two loaves. My family and I really love the results - I think it's going to be a regular!
Feeling experimental I decided to refrigerate the second loaf in it's banneton and bake it tomorrow to see the difference – I’ll post an update on the results of that one.
Here's a picture of the finished loaf - I've made a note to cut the slashes a bit deeper next time, and perhaps exaggerate my "fold and stretch's" a bit more for even bigger holes. Most of that loaf is gone - it made lovely bruschetta tonight.