Rose Levy Beranbaum's bread bible process
Is anyone out there familiar with Rose Levy Beranbaum's bread bible process sufficient to make suggested improvements? Specifically, I have four loaves of her Basic Soft White Sandwich Loaf(p.244) in the oven as I write. They have turned out truly wonderfully, but I have a major problem with the process. According to the recipe, I need to:
- Make the starter and then put it in the fridge
- Next day mix the starter with the flour mix and allow to sit '1-4 hours.'
- Knead dough and proof 1-2 hours
- Fold dough and proof 1-2 hours
- Shape the dough and put in the fridge overnight.
- Next morning it is necessary to take out and fold once again since it has risen in the fridge.
Now I want as good a tasting loaf of artisan bread as the next person, but this process seems to me to be a rather long one. Is there anyway to abbreviate the process with out sacrificing taste? All suggestions appreciated.