Bread torn at the bottom
I have been baking sourdough breads on a weekly basis for the last 4 month after a long break from using soudough.
I pretty much like the results (and also my wife...)
I only have one big problem - in the last few bakes, the breas is always torn on it's buttom part.
Today, for example, i baked an 70% hydration of 50% wholw wheat and 50% dark wheat flour(high gluten).
The steps where:
1. Kneading the bread by hand for about 12 minutes until it passed the windowpane test
2. Bulf fermentation at around 21C for 8 hours.
3. Retarding for 11 hours in the fridge
4. Moved the dough to room temp (23c) for 1.5 hours
5. Shaped a batard and proofed in a benneton for 2.5 hours
6. Started baking with steam (poured hot water to baking pan located in the bottom of my over right after puttong thr bread in the oven) at 210c for 15 minutes
7. Removed steam and baked another 25 minutes.
From what i understand, the problem could be:
A. under proofing
B. Maybe i'm not closing the seems good enough on final shaping
C. maybe i steaming too much/not steaming enough?
Here is a picture of the dough after shaping with the seems up:
And this was taken after baking:
Do you have any advise? thanks