Sourdough feeding help!
I am new here,
for the last few weeks I am trying to grow my own sourdough ( 100% hydration, white flour).
when i want to bake a new sourdough bread, usually i do that :
1. in the evening before baking , taking out the sourdough jar from the refrigerator.
2. stir it.
3. discrad from 300g sourdough ( the overall jar is around 800g)
4. feed it with 150g flour and 150g water
5. leave it in the counter for 12 hours until it has a lot of bubbles and it double its volume.
6. taking the amount of starter i need for the new bread and feed it again with the same amount (50 - 50 )
7. stir the jar and waiting few hours before putting back to the refrigerator.
my quastion is reffering to stage number 3, is it necessary to discard the all 300g ? ( usually i through it to the garbage).
can I feed it at that stage without discarding ?
In general what do you think about my process ?