Baking for the First Time.. HELP!!
I'm trying to bake (cookies) for the first time ever.. However I encountered some problems which I wonder if anyone here can help me:
1. How to preheat the oven correctly? For example if i set the temperature to 325 degree (as required by the recipe), the timer to 15mins, and once 15mins is over the heating power will be off. The temperature of the oven will slowly drop..
Should I worry about the oven not maintaining the temperature at a constant of 325 degree before I insert in the things that I want to bake?
Usually how fast should you insert in the tray once the oven has been preheated?
2. Should the oven's tray remain in the oven during preheating? Or should I only insert in the tray (together with the cookie dough & baking sheet) after preheating has been done?
3. My oven has a heating coil at the top and at the bottom. Usually to bake cookies (ort anything) on a tray, do you just on the top heating coil, or do you turn on both the top & bottom heating coil?
By the way, my cookies always get over cooked (burnt) when I use the heating coil at the top.
4. The cookies that I baked, turns out to be crispy on the edges, and softer in the inside.. is there a way to make total crispy cookies, likes the ones on supermarket's shelves?
5. Finally, I would like to know usually what will happen to cookies if we added in more flour than what is required by the recipe?
Please help me. Thanks!!! :) :)