bread as a staple - your views
well im from new zealand, yes that little island way down there...
sadly im a plant apprentice baker not quite a real baker, however i bake alot at home and have a copy of the BBA as a starter (love the book too!)
but anyhow im looking for some international opinion for a presentation i have to give for a competetion my work kindly entered me in. my presentation topic is:
'bread has always been regarded as one of the staple foods in the past',
is this still true in today's world or has the role of bread changed?
now ive got ideas on
- low carb diets have forced change
- the perception that white bread is bad for you
- Nutrition value - in regards to which other food product as versatile as bread compares
- Breakfast cereal market - v - toast
- popular western food (compared to countries that consume alot of rice as there main cereal grain)
do you have any other ideas or opinions about bread as a staple.