Taralli Pugliesi - Italy
Today's bake: Taralli Pugliesi - Italy
Source: insidetherustickitchen.com - Emily Kemp
Note: Modified the mix times to utilize a processor (FP).
- Flavor variations to try - Fennel seeds, red pepper flakes (chilli flakes), rosemary, oregano, black pepper, Parmigiano Reggiano. Use as much or as little as you like.
Substitutions: AP flour for 00
Discussion: I first experienced these in Italy and found them rather tasty, they're similar to a pretzel. If you're looking for an unusual quick to make party snack, these are just the thing. The dough came together in less time that it took to get the pot of water boiling.
Here's the steps:
- Add: Dry into the FP - run 15 sec.
- Add: Wet into the FP - run ~45 sec.
- Divide/Scale to desired weight
- Roll out/pinch together
- Try not to eat them all at once.
Make again? - Yes, definitely.
Changes/Recommendations: When boiling be sure to ensure that they don't stick to the bottom when you first put them in the boiling water, see that they are floating freely. Try different spice combos.
Ratings - Tasty