Everything + Sesame Semolina
been a while since I posted anything. Been baking about 1 loaf a week of various breads but this is my new go to for weekly sandwich bread.
AP Flour (Shepherds Grain low gluten) 250g
Semolina (Bob's Red Mill) 250g
Black Sesame 3tsp
Everything Bagel Seasoning 3 tsp
- Mixed ripe levain with flour and 300g water and fermentalysed for 1hr
- mixed dough in stand mixer for about 3min
- added EVOO and mixed until well incorporated
- dissolved salt in last 50g of water and added to dough 1Tbl at a time letting it fully absorb before adding next Tbl.
- Place in clean covered bowl and begin bulk ferment for around 3hrs. Stretch and fold x3 every 30min.
- added black sesame and everything seasoning on first set of stretch and fold.
- After bulk ferment pre shaped bread and let rest for 25min
- Shaped loaf, rolled in black and white sesame and placed in banneton. Let proof for 1hr
- placed in fridge for 16hrs
baked in covered clay cloche @ 475f convection oven for 20min. Turned oven down to 430f and baked for another 26min.
Super tasty bread with a creamy soft crumb. Sesame adds great flavor and everything seasoning adds nice bursts of garlic.