The Bread That Ate Maryland
First off, thanks to all of you who posted advice in the previous thread about AP vs. a mix of WW/rye. I have decided to not mess with that at this time and instead have embarked on making bread using the recipe previously posted with just AP flour. I figure baby steps are best till I become more used to overall baking. So last night I made the stage 1 dough, 220g of starter instead of the 227g the recipe calls for because I nearly ran out of starter, 340g lukewarm water, and 360g AP flour, and let it rest four hours before refrigerating overnight. This morning I added the remaining 240g of flour and the 2.5 Tsp salt and kneaded in my Kitchenaid with the dough hook attachment. It's been in the oven on the Bread Proof setting for the last 2.5 hours. I have, per the recipe pulled it out, folded it over, and put it back in to proof, but I have only done this once, and not every hour as per the recipe. I will look in again at the five hour mark and see what it looks like. It may want some more time. Frankly I think the dough is looking and feeling pretty good. Here are some pictures of the dough last night after resting four hours. It's looking nice and bubbly and was even more so this morning. And here it is this morning after finishing and putting into my proofing bowl prior to putting in the oven. As always, your comments are most welcome.