Autolyse leads to degrading gluten structure during bulk
This problem seems to occur across all the breads I make. My breads come out fine without an autolyse, but every time I add one to increase the extensibility of the dough or decrease the mixing time it seems to have a negative impact on my dough.
When using an autolyse, the dough looks fine after kneading: Its extensible, but not too extensible, smooth and forms a windowpane. But as the bulk ferment moves on, the gluten structure seems to degrade drastically up to the point where the dough simple tears when trying to form a windowpane (already after 2h into bulk). This already happens with a really short autolyse of 30min.
The bread comes out fine, but its relatively flat as the dough spreads a lot. (Still has some nice ovenspring though)
I should also mention that this is also the case with yeasted doughs, not only sourdough. And it only happens when I add an autolyse to the recipe.
Just for completeness: I am using realtively weak T550 wheat flour with ~11% protein content.