72nd bake. 12/06/2021. SOTSOT in a clay pot, #3.
Dec. 6, 2021. 72nd bake.
The previous batch of these muffins, #71, came out pretty good. So I scaled it up to four pots from three. And made some slight adjustments, including adding 60 grams of whole rye flour.
- 20.5 g old-fashioned rolled oats, the thick kind.
- 19.9 g quick oats, not instant.
- 16.9 g whole dry chia seeds.
- 8.6 g whole dry poppy seeds.
- 20.8 g corn meal.
- 28.2 g shredded coconut, unsweetened.
- 1 tsp whole fennel seeds, 2.1 grams.
- 270 g water @ room temperature.
- added after 20 minutes:
- 70 g honey.
- 50 g water, room temp.
- 25.4 g powdered fat-free milk.
- 50 g Sher Brar Fiber Wala whole grain durum flour, roller milled.
- 110 g Bob's Red Mill stone-ground WW flour.
- 50 g Arrowhead Mill's organic AP flour.
- 40 g almond flour, blanched.
- 60 g whole grain rye flour from Lithuania, Malsena brand.
- 6.6 g salt.
- 2 tsp pumpkin-pie spice, Kroger brand.
- 1 tsp ground ginger.
- 3 tsp baking powder, Rumsford brand.
- 133 g water.
- 17 g peanut oil.
- 13 g grape seed oil.
- 16 g regular olive oil.
Pre-oiled the 4" diameter clay pots. Pre-heated oven to 350 F. Did not pre-heat the pots.
Baked at 350 F for 62 minutes, pots sitting on aluminum foil, shiny side up, until tops seemed brown enough and a knife inserted in the test muffin did not come out gooey.