Bulk Fermentation took too long
I tried to repeat a recipe I did previously which appeared to have under fermentation issues
I did my same process. Levain for about 6 hours until more than double and good bubbles. Autolease for 2 hours, then mixed the dough, salt and levain. I did some folds during the bulk ferment (80F) and checked it after 5 hours and no change, checked again after 10 hours no change, I let it sit over night and still no change. I decided to see what would happen if I waited for the dough to nearly double which went well into the next day. Well the dough become unworkable. So I’m trying to understand why it would take so long to increase in size. My starter seemed to be very active.
At this point I’m debating if I should just throw away all my starter and start an entire new one.