Same day 40% whole wheat sourdough
I had a limited time to bake this bread so I utilized my oven as a proofing box.
150 gr A/P flour, 100% hydration starter
238 gr A/P flour
203 gr whole wheat flour
10 gr salt
290 gr lukewarm water
1. Mix well flours and salt
2. In a separate bowl, mix well water and starter
3. Combine flour mix and water mix. Work the dough until all the flour is wet.
4. Start bulk fermentation: put the dough in a covered bowl inside an oven and turn on the light. The temperature should stabilize about 82F (28C) degrees. If it goes higher - turn off the light.
5. Bulk fermentation should take about 3 to 4 hours and the dough should rise about 1.5 to 2 times in volume and still be a bit hard to the touch. During the first 2 hours, do the followings 2 or 3 times: make a four sides fold, round the dough inside the bowl and put it back in the oven.
6. At the end of bulk fermentation, fold the dough once more and put it on the work surface. Round the dough and let it rest covered for 20 minutes.
7. Shape into a round, put the dough in a Benetton and put covered in the oven to proof. An example arrangement is shown in the photos below
8. I proof until the dough almost overflows the Benetton, I don’t poke at the dough to test. That should take about two hours.
9. Score and bake - 20 minutes covered @ 480F, 20 minutes uncovered @ 450F