Airy & Light Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake required
I have been trying to get the perfect recipe to make airy and light Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake. So far, I have been using premix to make the cake but now it isn't available anymore and hence I want to make it on my own. Following are the recipes:
Premix Cake (DREAM CAKE) recipe:
270 gms cake mix
80 ml Oil
200 ml water
My Cake recipe:
1.5 cups all purpose flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
Few other details:
For both cakes (DREAM & MY CAKES), I have used convection mode in oven and baked both of them at 180 degrees for 30 minutes using the same size pan and used exactly same quantity of batter for both cakes. The only difference in both cases is the recipe.
- Cake is very spongy, airy and light.
- Cake leaves the sides of pan after 30 minutes of baking.
- Perfect taste and dry texture.
- Height of DREAM CAKE more than height of MY CAKE.
- Doesnt stick at all.
- Cake is not very spongy or airy. It is heavy.
- Cake doesn't leave the side of pan after 30 minutes of baking.
- Very sticky.
- Height of MY CAKE less than height of DREAM CAKE.
- To increase the height or incorporate air, if I use excess baking soda, volume increases, but taste turns soapy.
I can't use eggs because most of us at our home are allergic to eggs. If you can let me know, what change can I make in my recipe to make it more airy, more light and less sticky, I would be eternally grateful to you.
Thank you in advance.