150g starter (100% hydration whole rye)
450g flour (300g bread flour, 150g wholegrain red fife flour)
Build a Levain in two stages...
Night Before: 10g starter + 20g water + 20g whole rye flour.
Morning Of: 50g starter + 50g water + 50g whole rye, ready for late afternoon.
- Mix the water, levain, amazake and flour till a shaggy dough is formed. Autolyse for 30min - 1hr.
- Sprinkle the salt over the dough and incorporate.
- Stretch and fold every 20-30 minutes 4x in total then leave to rest till the bulk ferment is done.
- Pre-shape and bench rest for 20 minutes.
- Shape and place into prepared banneton seam side up.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Score and bake in preheated oven using your usual method.