June 24, 2020 - 7:21am
55% Hydration, Sourdough, 47/53 Hard Red WW/HEB Bread Flour
- 100g Sourdough Starter (50/50 Hard Red Wheat)
- 286g Whole Red Wheat (Home Milled)
- 376g HEB Bread Flour
- 18g Salt
This recipe was derived from the following King Arthur recipe:
With the following modifications:
- Swapped out 286g of bread flour for home milled hard red wheat.
- Reduced starter from 227g to 100g (since I didn't have 227g available)
- 20 minute autolyse before adding salt and starter.
- Ignored time recommendations since I had less starter and my starter is very active. Instead, judged the progress of the dough by feel/size. 5 folds in the bowl every hour, then shaped the dough after about 8 hours.
- Used a banneton and a long romertopf