I am not a newbie in making croissants as I have been trying to make it for countless times. However, I still cannot succeed in them. Here are my problems:
- The dough tore and the butter seeped out, which make it hard for me to roll the dough
- The dough surface was kinda rough, how to keep it smooth?
- I enlongated the rectangles a lot but ended up with only 5 steps instead of 7 steps
- Does cutting the notch make any differences?
- How to get the smooth crust surface and flaky crust?
- The layers are not obvious when I look at the side
- How to get the big open honeycomb crumb?
I know that there are way too many questions but I just want to make perfect croissants. I followed Weekend bakery recipe:
What is your favourite recipe for croissants?
Here are some photos of my croissant