Maurizio’s Beginner’s Sourdough - Again
I’m sorry about posting another Beginner’s Sourdough loaf but I wanted to repeat it a few more times to see if I am getting any more consistent results. I reduced the hydration by 20 gms when mixing to try to account for water added while doing coil folds etc. I found that the dough was quite stiff despite a several hour autolyze, I think this was the reduced hydration unless I actually reduced by even more than I thought. The lower hydration made slap and folds very hard. As more water was used with coil folds the dough gradually seemed to be a bit more of what I was used to when bulk fermenting sourdough.
I’m hoping that I watched fermentation better this time so that this isn’t underfermented as the last one seemed to be. Shaping went quite well, this is likely in part because of the reduced hydration but also this time I used much less flour, a lot less actually.