Sunburst Bourbon Peach Melba Pie
This is my version of a “Sunburst” Bourbon Peach Melba Pie.
Once again I used Stella Parks’ all butter pastry recipe but bumped up by 25%.
- 281 g all purpose flour
- 19 g sugar
- 5 g salt
- 281 g unsalted butter, 2.5 sticks cold not frozen
- 144 g cold tap water
FOR THE FILLING:
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 plus cup tapioca starch
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- fresh lemon juice from half a lemon
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1.5-1.75 lbs of frozen peaches 1/2″-thick slices
- 1 cup mashed frozen raspberries
I know it is peach season and I could have used fresh peaches but I didn’t feel up to the work of preparing fresh peaches and I find that using frozen peaches there is much less shrinkage when the pie is baked and almost no air gap between the top crust and the filling that I always got when using fresh fruit.