Easy Meat Recipes - All The Taste Easily
The following easy meat recipes cater for a wide variety of tastes and skills. The meat-roll (essentially a meatloaf) and the lover loaf is really easy. The stuffed leg of lamb may require a little more skill from the cook. When we get to the Mexican pork chops and the baked pork chops we are back to very easy. All of these easy meat recipes are very tasty and suitable for entertaining as well as every day cooking. Spoil your family with something a little different.
Meat-roll with Apricot filling
- 1 lb minced beef
- ½ lb minced pork or ham
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup dried apricots
- 1 cup moist breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2Tsp. parsley, chopped
- Combine the minced beef and pork or ham, egg, salt and pepper.
- Place on a sheet of wax paper and form into a rectangle, approximately ½ inch thick.
- Cut up the dried apricots finely and mix with the other ingredients for filling, moisten with a little water or meat extract.
- Spread filling over meat and roll up as one would do a swiss roll.
- Place in a baking dish and bake at 350 deg. F. for about an hour.
A few pieces of bacon may be place over the meat roll if preferred.
Serve with rice or potatoes and any of your favorite vegetables.
Tasty Liver Loaf for an Informal Party
* 1 lb liver (beef, pork or lamb)
* 2 small onions
* ½ lb sausage meat
* 1 cup finely crushed corn flakes
* 2 eggs, well beaten
* 1 slice bacon
* 1 tsp Worcester sauce
* 1 Tsp lemon juice
* 1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
* ½ tsp celery salt
* ½ tsp pepper
1. Cover the liver with one cup boiling water and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
2. Drain reserving broth.
3. Put liver and onions through mincer.
4. Add sausage meat, corn flakes, seasonings and eggs.
5. Add enough broth to moisten slightly, mix well, pack mixture into a greased 8"x 4"x 3" pan.
6. Place bacon on top and bake in moderate oven (350deg.F) for 45 minutes.
7. Serve hot or cold.
Stuffed Leg of Lamb with Honey Glaze
* 5-6 lbs boned leg of lamb
* 2 oz flour
* ½ tsp. salt (for gravy only)
* ½ cup honey
* 2 cups water
* 2 ½ cups breadcrumbs
* ½ tsp salt
* ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
* 2 Tsp melted butter
* 1 egg
* 1 cup chopped parsley
* 1 cup chopped celery
* 1 cup chopped green peppers
* 1 tsp chopped fresh dill (optional)
* Mint and garlic to taste
1. Sprinkle the inside and outside of the leg of lamb with salt and pepper.
2. Combine the breadcrumbs, the parsley, the celery and the green peppers together with salt, black pepper, dill (if chosen), mint, garlic and the melted butter.
3. Add the egg and mix together.
4. The stuffing is a little crumbly – add another egg or some stock if you prefer a firmer mix.
5. Pack into the cavity in the leg of lamb and sew up the slit to encase the stuffing.
6. Roast in a moderate oven, (300 – 350 deg, F) till done. 35-40 minutes per pound.
7. Half an hour before serving, baste with honey, turning oven down to 250 deg. F.
8. Remove from pan and keep hot.
9. Stir the flour into the pan drippings and stir in the water.
10. Add salt and bring to the boil, stirring till thickened.
11. Pour into gravy boat and serve.
12. Remember to remove the string before serving.
13. Serve with rice, baked potatoes and vegetables of your choice. Serve 6-8.
Pork Chops Mexican
* 6 pork chops
* 1 cup tomato purée
* 2 Tsp minced or chopped onion
* 1 Tsp Worcester sauce
* 1 tsp chili powder or 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
* ¼ tsp cinnamon
* 1 tsp pepper
* A dash of ground cloves
* 2 Tsp flour
* 2/3 cup water
* 3 dessertspoons vinegar
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp paprika
1. Wipe chops with damp cloth and dust with flour.
2. Sear in smoking fat on both sides until brown.
3. Meantime put tomato purée and water in a saucepan and add the remaining ingredients in the order listed.
4. Mix well and bring to the boil.
5. Remove each browned chop with a fork and dip it in the boiling sauce.
6. Then place in a baking dish which has a thick cover.
7. Pour the remainder of the sauce over chops, cover and bake slowly at 350 deg. F. for 30 minutes.
Serve with potatoes or rice and vegetables of your choice.
Baked Pork Chops
* 4 large pork chops
* 1 lb peeled potatoes
* 1 cooking apple
* ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
* 6 oz carrots, turnips or parsnips
* 2 small sliced onions
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice potatoes thickly and lay them on foil down centre of a baking tray, season with salt and pepper.
2. Lay chops on top of the potatoes and season again with salt, pepper and herbs.
3. Peel and core the apple; slice and lay on top of the chops.
4. Slice the carrots, turnips or parsnips and lay on either side of the chops.
5. Place sliced onion on top.
6. Wrap foil carefully over the whole dish, seal it and bake at 350 deg. F.(Gas 6) for 1/1/2 hours.
7. Serve with rice and a green salad.
With these four easy meat recipes you will be learn to cook tasty meat dishes with ease. You will be able to impress your friends,child and all family with your cooking skills and it will remain your secret that it is actually easy meat recipes anyone can make.