My all time favorite recipe - Sourdough Sugar Cookies! They are soft and fluffy and just so amazing. I hope you'll enjoy this recipe as well and give it a try. Truly worth the time! Thank you GeniusKitchen!! Recipe Here - Sourdough Sugar Cookies
p.s. I highly recommend using Animal (Pork or Duck) Lard, Real (Grass Fed) Butter, or Coconut Oil as the fat.
- 1cup animal lard
- 1 1⁄2cups sucanat sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 3large eggs
- 1⁄2cup sourdough starter
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons lemons or 1 1⁄2teaspoons almond extract
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1⁄2cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon baking soda
- EGG YOLK PAINT
- 3 -4large egg yolks
- 5teaspoons water
- food coloring
- 1tablespoon white corn syrup
- 3large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄2teaspoon cream of tartar
- Cookies: Cream together shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs, sourdough starter, and flavorings;.
- mix well.
- Stir flour mixture into starter mixture until well blended.
- Chill dough, if desired.
- Roll out dough 1/4-inch thick and cut with cookie cutters.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° until very lightly browned.
- Remove immediately from oven and transfer cookies to cooling rack.
- When cool, paint with egg yolk paint.
- Use clean paint brush.
- Decorate with icing.
- Egg-Yolk Paint: Blend together egg yolks, water, desired good coloring and corn syrup to sweeten.
- If you want to use more than one color, divide into small jars before adding color.
- Icing: Combine ingredients.
- Beat with electric mixer at high speed for 7-10 minutes--Icing is now ready to use.
- Keep bowl covered with damp cloth to prevent drying.
- Icing will dry very hard and cookies are stackable.
thanks for looking! :)