Comments on White Lily Flours
This post is based on both my use of WL flours for the past few years and the chart labeled Flour Characteristics and Ratings on this page.
White Lily All Purpose Flour. Bleached, 8% protein and soft wheat. When you note that KA AP protein hovers around 11.7% you'll therefore see why I consider this flour to act more like pastry flour. IMHO to call this flour AP is a misleading.
White Lily Bread Flour. Unbleached, 11.7% protein and hard wheat, just like KA AP flour. Again I think that labeling this flour a bread flour is misleading. Treat it like AP flour and you'll do alright. I use this flour where the recipe calls for AP flour.
My tarte doughs consist of a 50-50 mix of WL AP and WL Bread flours. Great flakyness.
My typical yeasted bread doughs consist of about 85% WL Bread Flour and the other 15% of either rye, WW or KA Bread Flour. Once I began substituting WL BF for KA BF, my crumb softened a bit and I still got a great ear and oven spring.