need some help revising my recipe (olive oil? flex seeds?)
i am in the process of revising my recipe to include olive oil (for better preservation) and to finally solve the stickiness problem with the flex seeds.
the recipe is:
- 300g white wheat gluten rich flour (30%)
- 700g whole wheat flour (70%)
- 700 grams water (70% hydration)
- 16 g salt 1.6% / 20 g 2% (depending weather or not i use the seeds)
- 2o g instant dry yeast 2%
- 60 g flex and sesame seeds 6% (after a night´s soak in 100 gram water)
- total flour 1kg (100%)
- 200g whole wheat flour (20%)
- 200 g water
- 4 g yeast (20%)
so that leaves for the final dough
- 500g whole wheat flour
- 300g white gluten rich flour
- 300g water
- 16 g salt
- 16g yeast
so what should i be considering when incorporating olive oil? should i simply add it in, reduce the correlating water amount, how much to put?
as for the flex seeds, i´ve been incorporating them with the poolish in the final mix (after a night soak) but it makes the whole mass very very stick (i am kneading by hand and i´m not very experience) i´m thinking to either put them first in the poolish (to break down all the jelliness) or to actually wash them before incorporating them into the final mix (washing away the jelliness)
i know it´s rather a high hydration dough but the last baking i omitted the flex seeds and could handle it just fine so i´m not worried about that.
all this for two loaves of bread (does that make sense or is that too much?)
any comments and help is more then welcome (thanks in advance, i´ve been eating my own bread for the last couple of weeks thanks to all of you!)