Thank you, Syd!
I wanted to thank Syd who gave me good information to shape a boule. I have had a trouble with it.
I made Susan's Norwish Sourdough with raisin yeast water. I wanted to use multi-build levain to get close to sourdough crumb, but I was really motivated to practice shaping a boule..
Susan's Norwish Sourdough here: http://www.wildyeastblog.com/2007/07/08/my-new-favorite-sourdough/ This is my favorite, too. Thank you, Susan!
Here is how I made:
- 113 g KA AP
- 68 g Raisin yeast water with alcoholic raisins
- 450 g KA bread flour
- 58 g rye flour
- 331 g water DDT 74F
- 10g Salt
- Make the levain mix and leave it at room temperature 70-72F for overnight.
- Mix with final dough except the salt.
- Autolyze 30 minutes.
- Add the salt and knead until pass a window pane.
- Bulk fermentation 4 hours ( 1 time S&F after 45 minutes) at 73-74F. * When I saw the dough in 45 minutes, the dough rose doubled already ( I would do S&F even the dough didn't rise much ), I did punch down and make a ball shape like doing S&F in the bowl gently because my family doesn't like to taste strong gluten developed in the crumb.
- Bench time 20 minutes
- Proof 1 hour at 76F
- Retard 4 hours at 42.8F.
- Proof again at 76F for 40 minutes.
- Bake 465F 12 minutes with steam, decreased the temperature to 420F, continue to bake 30 more minutes.
I tasted good sourness from the rye flour. The crumb is softer. I wonder if I retarded it overnight?
I finally got the crumb that I was hoping for. Thank you so much, Syd!