The Fresh Loaf

News & Information for Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts

Kinds of flour to use

  • Pin It
cobourger's picture
cobourger

Kinds of flour to use

Has anyone baked bread using red fyfe?  Also if you have, did you use all red fyfe or did you do half fyfe and half all purpose or even whole wheat?

carluke's picture
carluke

Yes, I have used Red Fife many times. I have never used it exclusively; always about 30 percent, with the remaining 70 percent being all purpose. It works very well, and gives a very nice flavour.

Hope you enjoy it.