I would like to share my scones with you guys, hope some of yous get some inspiartions from it, as its quick, easy and great with a cuppa.
in the oven
cooling on wire rack
with jam and clotted cream
This is the recipe I use for afternoon tea and cream tea scones.
- 600gr self raising flour
- 120gr unsalted butter
- 3tbsp caster sugar(may need more)
- About 2-2.5 cup milk (luke warm)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1. Mix flour and sugar,salt together.
- 2. Add the butter and mix for 3-4 min on spped 2 (Kitchenaid) then add milk.
- 3. Mix until you get soft,smooth and elastic dough.
- 4. Roll out into 1cm thick then cut out with a cutter.
- 5. Brush with lightly beaten egg.
- 6. Bake in moderate oven until golden.
- 7. Cool on wire rack, serve.