Hello to everyone,
I would like to share with you guys my white loaf I baked the other day.
Notes: Crispy crust even after a few hours, nice soft inside, very good lightly toasted as part of a good bruschetta.
- 1kg flour
- 45g fresh yeast
- 20g salt
- 40gr pork lard
- about 700ml luke warm water
1. Day before mix 400gr flour, all the yeast and 200ml luke warm water together. Cover with a floured cloth and set aside to a warm place until next day.
2. Next day add the rest of the flour, water, salt and soft lard. Mix on KA speed 2 for 3 minute then on speed 4 for 10 minute. The dough should be soft smooth and elastic. Place into a gently floured bowl and dust the top with flour and cover with a cloth. Rest it for 45 minute.
3. Place back to the bowl and mix on speed 2 for 5 minute then on speed 4 for 10 minute.
4. Form a large round loaf and place on a gently reased baking tray.
5. Brush with water. Cover with a cloth and rest for about 45-60 minute.
6. Brush gently with water then make a few cut on top and bake in moderate oven until golden.
7. When ready remove from the oven and place on wire racks, gently brush with water to give a nice gloss.